DANCE ELITE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- A non-refundable fee of $30 per family is required yearly at the time of registration for dance families.
Calculation of Tuition:
- Tuition is based on an equal amount of classes from September through June (36 classes, not including holidays). Dance Elite calculates your tuition for the ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR (36 classes), and evenly splits your tuition into 10 equal monthly payments. This means that tuition remains the same whether it is a long (5 week) month or short (3 week) month, regardless of absences.
- Should a class be cancelled due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, or should a student miss a class because of illness, a make-up class can be scheduled within 30 days. Please call the office so the teacher can be notified of the make up.
- Tuition refunds are not given for missed classes as dancers have 30 days to make up any absence.
- Dancers can make up in any class for their same age/level. It does NOT have to be the same style (e.g. Combo 1 dancer can make up in Lil Hip Hop)
Payment of Tuition
- Tuition can be paid two ways,
- with a credit/debit card (Visa/MasterCard/Discover/AMEX) given to the studio for auto pay
- via Check/Cash. Payments made by check or cash must be made between the 25th and the 3rd of the upcoming month to avoid a late fee.
- Auto withdrawals happen on the 25th of every month for the upcoming month's tuition. If the 25th falls on a Sunday, tuition will be run the next business day.
- A $25 Late fee will be assessed on the 4th of the month to any account that has a balance due.
- All NSF checks will be charged a $25 returned check fee.
- IMPORTANT: If you will be withdrawing from class you must give the office 30 days notice to stop auto withdrawals.
- Simply not showing up to class DOES NOT CANCEL your child's registration.
Withdrawals and Refunds:
- There is a two month minimum for all lessons. 30 days notice from the first of the month is required to discontinue any classes. Withdrawal forms must be turned into the office. No other form will be accepted (i.e., E-mail, or over the phone).
- Simply not showing up to class does not cancel your child’s registration.*
- To withdraw from classes a parent or guardian must:
Complete and sign a withdrawal form provided by the office.
- No refunds will be given on the Recital Fee, or any pre-paid class tuition, after March 1st. Dance Elite reserves the right to terminate lessons to any students without notice. In such a case a refund for unused lessons will be given.
Care of Students:
- Dance Elite is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time periods before or after their classes (more than 15 minutes before or after a scheduled class).
- If a dancer is consistently dropped off at the studio, or left after class in excess of 15 minutes, Dance Elite will charge a $10 fee to the families account.
- Please be aware that we are a teaching studio, younger siblings and loud conversations in the waiting area are not only a disruption to the dancers, the teachers, but also the parents who are trying to watch their children.
- It is important our dancers come prepared, on time and consistently. It teaches them responsibility and respect. Not only for their teachers, but also for themselves and fellow classmates.
- Tardiness will not be permitted. Any dancer who arrives to class more than 10 minutes after the scheduled start time will be unable to participate in class.
- Dancers that are more than 10 minutes late will have missed the requisite warm-up, and are prone to injury. Dancers can stay to observe class, but will be unable to participate
- Dancers who miss an excessive number of classes, especially during recital time, will be responsible for scheduling a make-up class, or private lesson, to catch up on missed curriculum/activities. If a dancer has missed excessively during recital, they may be excluded from the year-end performance, or a portion of the dance if they are unable to make up the material. They also risk being promoted to the next level, as they will be unable to complete the requisite skills to advance.
- We want all of our dancers to come prepared and ready to work. It is unfair to those students who are consistently in class to allow a dancer who is not in class to perform when they are unprepared.
Instructor Absence/Snow Days:
- If classes are canceled due to instructor’s absence there will be a make-up class offered or a substitute instructor will be provided. The studio will not necessarily be closed for snow days, since many times the roads are clear and safe by the afternoon. Please call the studio for class information. 425-357-8018 www.danceeliteonline.com
- Parents, legal guardians of minors, students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal dance activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during or after class time.
- We will have our 2018 annual recital at the end of our school year on June 23rd and June 24th, 2018. The recital is entirely optional, but we always highly encourage all dancers to participate. Recital participation forms will be sent out in early January.
- The Standard Recital Package is $125, and that includes the basics for each dancer (e.g. 1 costume, props/accessories, 1 pair of tights, 1 t-shirt and 2 tickets).Standard Recital Package payment of $125 is due February 1st. There will be no refunds on the recital payment after February 15th. Additional costumes for additional classes are $80/costume.
- Parents may purchase additional recital items (e.g. Photos, DVD, Flowers, etc) for an additional price.
- Costumes are required for the performance. Costume orders need to be placed by February 15th.
- Costumes will be ordered through the front office for each class. See Recital Information page for more details.